Saturday, September 30, 2023

Podium - 3rd Place!

Congrats to this new ThunderBunny team (formerly Werx)
who took third place in their 8 hour enduro today! 
Way to go guys! So cool they got to podium!

Most of the races are on the east coast, so Dan and Corey have joined an east-coast team
so they don't have to ship the cars from Utah every time they race.
The timing worked out perfect because Werx was going through some transitions of their own.
Also, Nick is going to be racing with his own team in the Mazda cup next season,
so Corey and Dan will get more driving time. Pete will still be the pro, 
but he's starting a new business and may be less available.

Lots of changes coming up, but I'm finally getting the hang of the schedules/teams/lingo/practices
about this sport so I finally understand what's going on.


I ran a few errands downtown this morning and the subways are still slow or not running from yesterday's flooding. (I didn't see any flooding, which is a good thing, I guess. Although I kinda feel like I missed out!)
 
Also found some neat pottery at a craft/art fair in Lincoln Square.
The kind of artist where you fall in love with every thing they make and its hard to choose just one.

Met Courtney & Michael for lunch after their long runs (Michael is prepping for the New York marathon and Courtney is running a lot too, then biking the rest of the way alongside Michael.)

In the evening, Courtney came back over for dinner and to see they guys 
when they got home from the race.

I enjoyed having conference on while I was home today.
Also enjoyed going out and being able to listen while I was doing other things. 


No comments: