Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Grandmas Out for a Walk

Carol and I walked today with her grandbaby, which is a first!
Four-month-old Tess was sooo easy-going, but not interested in taking her bottle before we left.
Did she sense the excitement of being with friends? Ha!
Carol tried to feed her, and I tried to feed her, but no luck.
As we headed out, she started to fuss and Carol apologized that we might have to turn around and not get to walk after all.

I reassured her that just being together was great
and we both commented on how nice it was to be out of the stage where if baby doesn't let you exercise, 
it feels like the world is crashing down because it was the only time you were going to get to do something for yourself that day. And who knows when you were ever going to get the chance to exercise ever again!

As it turned out, Tess fell asleep and we had a great walk,
but even after an hour, we still had lots more we could have talked about.
So I guess that stage never ends! (Thank goodness!)

I've seen lending libraries in front of homes, but never a joke board!


This week I've had quite a few things I need to get done with my book
(query letter revised, comp research, agent contacts, read potential comps, etc.)
and not enough hours in the day to do it all. 
(How is that possible when we have all day?)

But made some good progress with very strict work hours set out between
other responsibilties. I'm grateful to have something I love to work on in this new phase of life!

No comments: