Sunday, September 03, 2023

Beta Readers

Delivered the manuscript for The Things They Didn't See to my beta readers this weekend.
It's exciting to share something I'm proud of.
It's scary because what if they don't like any of it?
I'm hopeful to get notes to help me improve areas that aren't working.
I'm worried I might learn that the emotion doesn't come through or my characters are utterly unlikable.
I'm excited, scared, hopeful, worried.


A little beta reader gift bag.

(Side note: Did you know the UPS store prints and binds projects?
I called FedEx (Kinkos), Alphagraphics and Office Depot but they were all either closed for the weekend or booked. When Google told me UPS prints, and I called them, they were so 
friendly and knowledgable and had my project done two hours after I e-mailed them the file.
Even willing to stay open until I got there. 
But in the end I arrived two minutes before closing.)

No comments: