Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Biking the GW

The rain has finally stopped and I got to ride
up the Hudson River Parkway and cross the George Washington Bridge.


Courtney and Michael had explained that it was a little confusing figuring out how to get to the bike path entrance. There would be a steep hill. And a fenced overpass. 
All three of those instructions were verrry helpful in finding my way.
Had to get off and walk up part of the hill--it was that steep.
At the top looked right then left and spotted the overpass.
Once I crossed over, I followed the bike sign to GW bridge and ended up on a sketchy bridge underpass that wound me down and back up again to the South side. 
(On my way back discovered I was only two blocks away after the overpass.
Next time I'll know where to go.)


Once on "the Jersey side of the island" (Madagascar, anyone?!),
I found a park where I could take some photos.
Also a sign showing this was the spot of the water rescue from
Pilot Sully's "Miracle on the Hudson."



I missed my exit at 86th street but fortunately by 79th was more aware and made my way back to Riverside Park and the path home.
It's so flat, it was an easy ride, made longer by needing to figure out where to go and stopping for 
photos. I'm so glad to have another option for exercise while I'm here.  

Took advantage of the sun and went shopping on the UES.
Back home in time for Sharon McMahon book club then dinner out with the Brands.


No comments: