Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Mt. Olympus

Hiked Mt. Olympus to the first river today.
My plan was to go 30-45 minutes up, but of course once I got started, I couldn't quit before the river.

I stopped and chatted with a guy for a bit.
He had a friendly dog who wanted to say hi, which started the conversation.
So including the diversion, I made it to the river in 66 minutes. 
11 minutes longer than I expected. 

I planned 45 minutes down so to make up time, I ran wherever the trail wasn't too rocky or cliffside.
Made up 8 minutes. 1:45 roundtrip. Not too bad for my first time in a year.

I also had lunch with Betsy B. 
We were close friends in Chicago and her son, Toby, was a regular playdate of Courtney's.
We still have a lot in common, including a desire to reconnect with old friends.
We're getting together again when she comes back in town for the Sharon McMahon lecture!!
See? Lots in common. 








No comments: