Thursday, September 28, 2023

Sukkot (soo-COAT)

This tent was in the courtyard a couple of days ago and we supposed it had something to do with some elevator work we got a notice about.

But today I say another one down the street with Hebrew writing on the side
and I realized they must be tents for Sukkot! (Pronounced soo-COAT.)
Thanks to Old Testament study last year and Don't Miss This podcast 
sharing all about Sukkot, the week-long Feast of the Booths, I actually am familiar with the celebration.

Commemorating the harvest and God's protection when the Israelites left Egypt, the Sukkah's roof is  made with branches or grasses. For one week you eat all your meals in the Sukkot, light candles, pray and spend as much time there as possible.

The holiday starts tomorrow. I'm so curious how the family/families will celebrate. 


It started raining again this afternoon. Boo! 
At least Dan and I got a walk in the park this morning while the weather was still nice!

No comments: