Friday, September 08, 2023

Pushing Myself

I was determined to do a long ride this week on my new bike. 
I still can't believe I haven't ridden more than 10 miles all season!

But I did finish a book, so... trade offs.

But I'm hoping for at least one long ride a week between now and November
just to remind myself that it's something that I do.
I'm also itching to get on the bike trail and ride down to Thanksgiving Point again
and drag Dan along with me.

Today I thought I'd ride to Little Cottonwood Canyon -- a 20 mile loop.
But by the time I turned onto Wasatch Road (toward LaCaille off of Wasatch Blvd),
I was rethinking my plan, tempted to turn around right there because my back was sore 
and I worried about it getting worse on the ride home.

But I kept moving forward. It was sore, but not killing me.
Decided I'd rather really push it until I simply didn't have anymore to give
(knowing I was looking forward to a lot of downhill anyway).


I made it the whole way.
The roadside sunflowers are thriving.
The mountains are striking--especially from the perspective of riding below them.
I've missed being in our mountains hiking or biking
and looking forward to making up lost time this fall!

No comments: