Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Happy Birthday to Us!

It's our Birthday! 53!


Our road trip home sped by, especially listening to a Peter Attia podcast
about cancer and nutrition.
We stopped the podcast at regular intervals to ask questions and discuss and I think that's one of my favorite things about road trips.

Dan and I haven't taken many road trips lately, but especially during Covid when I was introduced to podcasts and we took a trip up to Island Park and another time around The Big Island of Hawaii, 
we loved listening and pausing and discussing. They make for great conversation.


We also tattle telled on a truck driver who sat in the fast lane for miles, never getting over to let me by. 
He had plenty of opportunity to get over, but never took it, and those spaces were never long enough for me to get over and pass him on the right. One time I almost made it, but the car in front of the truck turned on its blinker to move over (as you do), just as I was passing it. So I slowed down to let the car in (worried I was in his blind spot and he couldn't see me) and the truck in the fast lane sped up as I blinked to get over.

So with that move, we called on him.
Eventually he got over and as we passed he gave us the finger for a full minute. 
Of course we slowed down and drove next to him so someone could get a picture.
And then we e-mailed it to the company. 
Someone was worried that we were being Karen's. 
But he was being a jerk and I won't be shamed into not letting him know it.
If I have to be a Karen to get past and be able to see where the heck I'm going,
than so be it.

When I arrived home, Dan had decorated and even bought flowers and my favorite cake!
It was so welcoming and made me so happy!


We met back up with Jenn and Mike and our other friends Lara and Eric for dinner.
Eric also shares our birthday! (One year older, same graduating year.)
Our tradition for the past several years is to meet at Market Street for the early bird special using the buy 1 get 1 free frequent diner birthday card. This year Dan and I got on board and got one too.

Last year we didn't go because Mike had just been hit by a deer on his bike and almost died.
So glad he's back to himself and we could be together to celebrate!

More fun conversation and lots of laughs at dinner!


Dan lit sparkler candles when we got home and we indulged in birthday cake and 
caught up on our favorite TV shows (The Bear and Only Murders...),
exactly what I wanted to do together.


I got lots of fun texts and photos and videos from my kids and nice notes from friends.
So fun to be celebrated for the day!

 

No comments: