Friday, September 29, 2023

Rainy Day Reading

I woke up to torrential rains and even flash flood warnings, 
but I had signed up for a Barre class and didn't want to miss.
In spite of a long rain coat, knee-high rain boots, a hood and an umbrella,
I arrived soaked. Fortunately I could take off my coat and wet pants (exercise shorts underneath),
and the studio had socks for sale. 

Would you believe it was a full class? 
Funny how it was easier to walk 15 minutes in a soaking deluge
than it was to motivate myself to do my own barre routine. 
Plus, I'd already paid for the class.


I stayed inside and read the rest of the morning, afternoon, evening and finally finished at night.
It was a cozy, magical mystery.
Yesterday I read a few pages and the language was so fanciful, 
I was sure I would hate it.
Before bed I read a few more and started getting into it.
And today I fell in love with all the characters (the good ones).


Courtney left work early and came over for lunch--
there were only a few people in the office so she decided to work from home in the afternoon.
Several subway lines weren't running making it a messy commute, but she made it.

No comments: