Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Goal Check

I'm blasting through my goals for 2024!
It helps when you have goals to get outside more and read more
to have spent three weeks travelling, mostly to warm destinations.
(Or supposedly warm, but weren't--I'm thinking of you, Kauai!)

January:
5 hikes (shooting for 24 in 2024)
13 books (goal of 75 for the year)
78 hours outside (trying for 500 annually)

The stream was really flowing on Mt. Olympus this morning.
I was tired and slow, but arriving at the sound of flowing water was rejuvenating.
Also, two guys hiked past me with SKIS on their backs! 
They were going to try to ski down the backside. I didn't even know that was possible.
They said that much water which indicated lots of melting snow didn't bode well for them.


This just literally cracked me up for a full minute.


 

No comments: