Monday, January 22, 2024

Family Lottery Winners

This morning we had a casual continental breakfast and I was able to visit with 
more of our family as different groups came to eat.

I'm so impressed with all these grown-up kids. 
Those who are married have such sweet relationships with their spouses. 
All are doing interesting things for work and 
take advantage of their free time with fascinating hobbies as well.

Once again, I'm left with an overwhelming amount of love for all my nieces and nephews
and immense gratitude for my brothers and sisters-in-law
who make up such a wonderful family that I cherish being a part of.
I really won the family lottery.

I've also loved reconnecting with the Toronto girls and Will,
and Bo Irwin on this trip.
We said goodbye with plans to get together soon.
We miss Carrie!

After breakfast, Chris, Marty and Dan went golfing, 
(Nick has flown home to get back to school--Dan took him to the airport at 5:30 a.m!)
and Lizzie, Emi and I walked around the golf course for exercise and to see if we could watch them play.
(Courtney is working from her hotel room today.)

We found them on the 7th hole.




Lizzie took a one-hole trip in the golf cart with Marty.
Zoom in to see his arm around her shoulder.
Isn't that the cutest?


Chris noticed that Dan looks just like Ted Lasso from afar.



Soon it was time to head back to Tucson to catch our flight home.
We'll be home in time for a late dinner
(both Dan and I are craving Kodiak waffles)
and to start the laundry. Tomorrow we head to Daytona.

No comments: