Saturday, January 06, 2024

Good Morning!

I'm really, really loving my get outside to greet the sun routine. 
The snow and light are so pretty today.


So far I've been perfectly cozy and warm.
I have my Uggs and warm pants in a mudroom drawer by my 
hat coat and gloves, so it's easy to just pull everything on over my exercise clothes or my pajamas.
This morning I got through my puzzles (do I sound 80?!) and Instagram really fast,
so brought my book outside to read for a while.
I'm averaging about 45 minutes.


I've been so productive this week, I'm almost sad to leave for our trip and mess up the schedule.
But then I realized I've been so productive because I am leaving on a trip-- 
working against a deadline. 
That made me feel better.

I'm trying to keep up some of my first of year habits I've enjoyed-- 
stretching, exercise, greeting the morning sun, reading and editing.
I won't worry about my sunroom routine while I'm on vacation,
but Dan and I will probably listen to a Come Follow Me podcast together.

I'm taking The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Series to read.
Ever since studying Revelations, I've been thinking about re-reading The Last Battle.
It's such a great metaphor for Armageddon and end of the world.

No comments: