Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Day Before We Get Grass

While reading my scriptures this morning, I came upon vs. 2 (2 Nephi 2:2). 
I thought it was so pertinent for Courtney's housing dilemma.
I love that the scriptures apply to us in both temporal and spiritual ways.


I drove the tennis carpool both ways today because I had a plan to start my bike ride from tennis (above Foothill by the zoo) to the top of Little Mountain in Emigration. 
It's a good climb but starting here instead of at home saved a lot of time (9 miles of time to be exact!)
8.3 miles to the top in 50 minutes. 22 minutes back (because its all downhill).

This is my "I think I can take a selfie" face. At the top of Little Mountain.

Tonight's dinner was Shrimp Tacos and Chipotle Corn. I had the best Mexican Corn at a restaurant in New York with Gram and Courtney. This recipe replicated it and was delicious. I seriously don't think we've ever done anything with corn except steam or grill it and eat it with butter and salt.


Cilantro from the garden! 

Tomorrow we get grass! It's felt a little bit like counting down to Christmas. 
And today is Christmas Eve! Yay!

No comments: