Thursday, June 07, 2018

Lazy Day in the City

I was able to secure late checkout at the hotel -- clear until 2:00! Dan and Gram left at 4:45 a.m. and Courtney had to work today, so I wasn't in a hurry to do anything. I slept until 8:00 then got up and answered e-mails, did my breathing/stretching/meditation exercises, surfed on the computer for some things I wanted to do while in New York, then decided I was really still very tired. And went back to bed for 2 more hours!

I was able to do weight lifting in the gym and be packed and out of my room by 1:57. I sat in Central Park for the next hour working on my short story rewrite. And then I texted Dan, "Let's move here in 5 years when Nicholas leaves on his mission. At least for the summer." And he agreed.
This photo doesn't capture EVERYTHING that was happening all around me as I sat on this bench for an hour.
Sights, sounds, smells.
I ate lunch in a cafe (I'm sort of exaggerating -- it was a cafe, but it was a chain cafe which loses some of its glamour. But I did have a delicious salad.) Then headed to Courtney's apartment to work on my story some more. But instead, I stretched out on her couch and read and napped some more until she got home around 7:00!

We had dinner at Smith's because she wanted to introduce me to their chips covered in blue cheese. They were delicious. We were both in the mood to chill at home. We tried to download Pride and Prejudice but were having wifi problems. So we watched John Mulaney host Saturday Night Live instead. So fun to hang out with my daughter -- in her city, in her apartment, getting to know her life!

Waiting on a bench in the road median for our dinner reservation. 

No comments: