Monday, June 04, 2018

Marty's Birthday Tomorrow

Guess I’m going to be getting an implant. I feel really good about my prosthedontist though. Takes his time, answers questions – actually teaches you how it all works and why its done how its done. Fantastic, warm office staff who also answer questions and take as much time as you need. July 2 is the big day. Yikes!

Tonight Nick was off with friends again (riding a golf cart around the neighborhood)… Oh man, earlier, he brought some friends over to play hide and seek in the house (actually it was called “Judge” but sounded a lot like hide and seek). One boy had never been to our house before and he was made “It.” I overheard him say, “But this house is so big!” And the friends said, “Don’t worry, there’s not very many places to hide!” Poor kid was in for it!

Of course they were hiding and taking secret passages and the new friend was shouting, “Where are you? This is impossible! How are you in the walls? I can hear you!” He was a good sport and when I asked him if he needed help, he just said, "No, we're playing a game." I figured, he’ll have fun the next time they bring a new friend over now that he's in on all the secrets. 



Dan grilled hamburgers tonight. I wonder if he’ll ever get tired of grilling! We never get tired of eating his dinners (on the patio, of course)!


Marty’s birthday is tomorrow and we got the sweetest e-mail from him:

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes! Since tomorrow is district meeting I will be able to double celebrate since we always go get indo curry after! haha, but today was way good, we went to get some Yakiniku, which is an all you can eat meat place! (sorry it was a little expensive) its cuz we invited our friend Tom. Hes a less active of like 12 years that we meet just while wandering around back roads looking for a good place to start housing. Weve since befriended him and are trying different approaches to help him get involved in the gospel. We invited him to church this week, I hope he comes through! So the money was for good reason, you guys contributed into the Nakatsu reactivation effort! Haha also instead of a birthday lunch with me and my companion it turned into somewhat of a party :)

This week on Friday Saturday and Sunday we basically were out finding all day. It was pretty hard hahaha, I was wiped afterwards. Had some good conversations, no new investiagators from that, but it was a good way of showing some of our faith! We did find 1 new Investigator this week, it was Nakayama san I told you about last week. We are meeting him again this week and are hoping to get him reading and praying every day before he goes on a trip to Europe! haha. Maybe seeing all the churches and stuff will have a good influence on him!

Those cars are crazy dad! hahaha, are they only for the track or can you take them out on the street just for a little bit? like the old black BMW
Which one is your favorite?

The Birthday Party

haha I loved the baby stories mom, all those pictures are awesome too haha. Im glad you are both still following my PMG challenge! It will bless your guys lives as well as both of our families. I hope you both have a great temple trip! It will be an amazing spiritual experience for sure!

Cant wait to hear how it all goes this week!
Love Elder Shaeffer


And this sweet note from his companion:
Hello Brother Shaeffer, this is Elder Beazer, Elder Shaeffer's current companion. I just thought I would say thank for paying for a great lunch today, and for raising a great son! He has been a great companion who has taught me a lot and really helped with me a lot of things. Definitely a great missionary from I'm sure great parents! Thank you!
Elder Beazer

平安善意


No comments: