Monday, June 11, 2018

Home

After we went to the temple with Bailey and Celeste, we all went to lunch and then Courtney and I headed out to finish our shopping. She's now got 3 pair of long shorts, (yes, its okay to have several of the same style in the same color. When you see long shorts, you buy them! They're hard to come by!) Several dresses and skirts, a temple bag, and a cute jumpsuit and new shoes (those were just because.)

Side note: The cop who was wearing a traditional cop hat working in the lower level of Rockefeller Center and who gave us directions to the restroom... His name was O'Sullivan. Seemed so New York.

We really were going to go to a movie on Friday night. But by the time we shopped then went down to SoHo for Beechers mac 'n cheese and grilled cheese (so yummy!) and then to Rice to Riches for dessert, we were ready to go home again. Good thing we did because we had 4 more episodes (3.5 more hours) of Pride and Prejudice to go. And of course we stayed up 'til 2 finishing. Because that's what you can do when church doesn't start until 2:30 p.m.!

One project Courtney wanted help with was washing her windows. They're so tall and were dirty so she had a plan to rubber band a rag to the broom so we could reach across and wash them. Of course that night as my mind was thinking over it, I realized, they might pull out, similar to mine. And guess what, they did! Yay! It was much easier and they got perfectly clean. And now she knows how to do it herself next time.

I was excited to go to church with her and put faces to all the names she's told me about. I was super impressed at the talks, lessons and comments. What a sharp group of young adults. All very friendly. How nice that Courtney has such a big, fun ward to be a part of.

We walked to church (she said that's her favorite part of Sunday), but we subway'd home so I could get on my way. It was so much fun to be with Courtney, without any distractions or obligations of my own. I loved it. I was so glad I got that chance to not only come out to be with her when she went through the temple, but that I had extra time that we could spend just the two of us. What a treasure!

I made it to JFK in under an hour, got through security in 5 minutes, and was right by my gate. Everything was quick until we sat on the runway for an hour and half. Which wasn't too bad for me. But I felt really bad for Dan who had offered to pick me up. Originally it looked like I'd get in early -- at 11:30. But then I didn't arrive until 1:00 a.m. But you know what, we laid in bed and he was wide awake as I told him all about my trip and he told me all about the days I was gone with the boys and racing and Christensen's mom's funeral, and grilling and Nick's sleepover with friends. And work events.  And he gave me lots of details, just like I like.

No comments: