Saturday, June 23, 2018

40-Miler Up City Creek Canyon


We really pushed it today riding to the top of City Creek Canyon. 15 miles from home and 5.5 miles up the canyon. When my odometer said we'd gone 5.5 and we still weren't at the top, my brain was like, "Done." I stopped at a little bridge because I didn't have enough energy to yell to Dan up ahead to stop. I chatted with another guy taking a selfie. He said I only had 100 yds more to go. Ok. I did it. It was exhausting. But it was a fun challenge and we made it. The ride home wasn't so daunting because it was more downhill (obviously the canyon was downhill, but so was getting all the way home).

One thing about City Creek Canyon is the road isn't super taken care of. Parts are and parts aren't. It was extra challenging on the ride down because there were potholes, shade so you couldn't see and really rough road and narrow turns. I really had to hold my brakes for the first 2 miles. After that it was a lot better.

Dan and I are pretty awesome.

No comments: