Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Seen Around Town

A classic example of don't overthink it.
I mean, I'm desperate to see what he's got!


And speaking of New York,
this is at the least a seven mile walk.
Talk about being bumped from the story:


Which is just one more confirmation that I'm good with just self-publishing.
I could go into a lot of detail and psychology of why things like this story "problem" solidify my decision,
and hedge with a lot of "I promise its not just because I'm not good enough to get REAL published,"
that I won't go into here, 
but I have my reasons and I feel great about them.

***

Nick and I went to the clinic to get his missionary travel immunizations today.
While we waited we perused the Ecuador Quito North Mission Facebook page,
researching "what to pack" 
and this made us both laugh-out-loud.

The questioner asked what to pack and also if they needed to bring a bug net.


Please take a moment to remember my Dad's machete he brought home from his mission to Guatemala.
We thought it was epic. He actually took it with us on a few camping trips.
At 35, he wasn't as old as he seemed to be back then when I was a kid,
 and now I'm questioning the trust we put in him owning such a large scythe 
and assuming he didn't really knew how to properly use it!

***

Tonight we helped my mom move a couple of chairs from my house to her new house in Highland.
(Shout out to Dan who has absolutely refused to move any more furniture, 
and then continues to get roped into moving furniture and does so with a good attitude)

Have you seen the new Tesla truck around? 
I've seen them more and more lately, but just today have been seeing them with custom wraps.
Heaven help us.


No comments: