Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Celebrating

I had a big errands day prepping for Nick's farewell--
creating a cute ribbon accent in Ecuador colors for the wreath on the front door,
(purchased at Knot & Spool, but I was much more involved in the process than I imagined I'd need to be, choosing what ribbons I liked, but I surprised myself by being good at it),


hanging the Ecuadorian flag,


fixing all things sprinklers--trouble-shooting why all the 
flowers in pots are so dry in spite of daily watering (by the sprinkler system)
(the sprays at the pots were twisted off 😡-- 
fortunately getting some water from drip lines so they weren't totally goners),


finding broken drip lines (I'm not a fan of drips where sprays could be used--they break often)
A Target run for mission/farewell/life stuff and ordered photos from Walgreens.


And for dinner, celebrating last meals at Ruth's Chris.

Check out the little Ecuadorian flag they put in his creme bulee!

After dinner, Nick had class again, Dan and I read on the patio until he was done.
When it got too dark to be outside, we came in to read some more and Nick worked on his farewell talk.

He's itching to get to the real MTC,
but I'm going to savor these days with the three of us at home together.

***

I can't tell you how many times I've watched this video!
(And shared it with my mom and sisters and "Grandma Ladies" text group!


No comments: