Friday, December 01, 2023

Tackling the Decorating List

My to-do list is long and detailed.
The more detailed you are, the more opportunity you have to check things off.
And that's how I like to get things done.

I made a lot of progress today decorating at home with time allocated in the afternoon to run errands--
Visit the new art market (I got the best idea for a Christmas gift for Emi!);
a trip to the mall for returns, fixes, organizers and some design inspo;
finally shopping for groceries for my healthy dinner I didn't get to make yesterday.

I found the holiday stations on XM


...and to my delight, found a Broadway station!
Took a break from holiday music to sing along to show tunes
 and now I'm torn between which I like better.


The house is a disaster. 
And after I made dinner which was very simple but the sink was already full of dishes
(ah, Chris and Nick, I get it now),
so the extra mixing and baking bowls exponentially compounded the mess

Just as I put my cauliflower/broccoli casserole (touted as a pizza replacement. It was delicious!)
in the oven to bake, Courtney FaceTimed. 
And would you believe it if I said we talked for the next three hours?

I still haven't hung the garland back up. But I did get the Command strips placed.
And I cleaned the kitchen before bed.

And I'm giving our master bath a holiday makeover and it's turning out so cute:

No comments: