Saturday, December 02, 2023

Productive in Pajamas

I couldn't sleep last night. I may have made some 2:00 a.m. crazy e-bay purchases.
(Maybe I can find some cute skier decorations! Yes, that's just the thing we need.)
By 5:30 a.m. I was wide awake. 

(Reviewing my blog from last year, I saw I did this same about not sleeping when I was decorating.
The hype over the thrill of the to-do list for an organizer-personality is real
It's like Christmas Eve for a child.)

Plus, Dan and Nick are coming home today so I have a deadline--
every type-A's dream for ramping up the productivity even more.
So I stayed in my pajamas all day which is the final key to the trifecta of getting things done.

The garland is now hung.


The storage room is organized. 
I've transitioned my closet from fall to winter and Christmas clothes, decluttered shelves 
and created a new "out-of-season" clothes storage system.
Donated several boxes of things we no longer use to Savers.
Consolidated leftover ornaments and finished the decorating. 
Except I have a couple more ideas to make a few areas even better.
Played the piano.
Hung the ribbon for Christmas cards.
Worried if the boundless energy was a product of my thyroid being out of whack.
Purchased poinsettias for the RS party, braved the longest line ever at HomeGoods
and went grocery shopping for ingredients for the dish I'm taking to Monday's party.

Finally, I went to the Ward Family Christmas Party, even though I was alone,
mainly intrigued by the Harry Potter theme and the free dinner.
It was worth it.
Courtney's soccer friend, Taylor, was in charge and she and her husband 
created the most clever, magical vignettes, including a live owl (with a handler).




Dan and Nick came home on a high because the track was so fun to drive.
The car had an issue (breaks jammed on and radio stopped working), 
which caused them to lose over 25 minutes so dropped them to 21st place.

But Nick drove in 1st for a while! And Dan said he drove the best he's ever done.
Good job guys! 

And now Dan and I are both home for the next two weeks,
which I think hasn't happened since... let me look... Since March.

No comments: