Saturday, December 09, 2023

Winter Blooms

Something exciting is happening with the succulents in the sunroom.
For reference, here they are after I first moved them inside (and cleaned up what was killed in the frost).


Last week I discovered a sprout!


Two days later the sprout started opening.


This morning its showing buds?
So exciting to get to see winter development inside!


Dan and I did some jobs around the house this morning then went to Nordstroms 
to shop for new clothes for Dan. 
Thankfully, Nordstroms wasn't crowded, even though the parking lot was.
We had to park across the street!


After shopping and dinner at Nordstrom's cafe, the two of us bought a Christmas Tree.
We have officially come full circle. The last time it was just the two of us 
Christmas tree shopping it was 1995. Crazy how the time has gone.

We forgot to take a picture of us Christmas tree shopping (SAD!)
but here's us afterward watching a Christmas show and eating kettle corn.
Eddie Murphy in Candy Cane Lane. He was all the funny without any of the crass.
It didn't get great reviews, but it wasn't the worst. I actually kind of liked it. 


Nick sent his medical form to IMSA today, and in spite of me verbally explaining 
how to address an envelope, I still wasn't exactly clear.
Isn't it crazy how in one generation regular mail just simply isn't a thing? 
Kids these days literally don't know how to address an envelope.
I'm not shaming or mocking. I'm just genuinely surprised at how things have changed!


No comments: