Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Flannel Sheets

When Marty and Courtney were just four and two-years-old, 
they shared a room and slept in a white bunkbed.


I bought flannel sheets decorated with cartoon ice skaters for winter (even though we lived in LA) and sheets with hearts for Valentine's. Cute seasonal sheets on their beds was just so cute and made me feel like the best mom in the world, and I hoped when they climbed in bed each night it was like getting another big hug from mom.


I continue to put holiday sheets on the kids' beds every December, but I only had full sizes, so Courtney and Marty's beds haven't gotten the Christmas treatment here on Haven Lane. 

This year at the first of December, I gifted the married couples their own set of holiday sheets, but let them pick their own from Amazon. I purchased sheets for their beds here at home as well, but I got regular microfiber, assuming flannel would be too hot for the couples sharing a bed and also for Chris and Nick because they run hot. 

However, I discovered they all chose flannel because, "we always got flannel sheets on our beds in the winter!" Marty even had Lizzie buy Emi a flannel crib sheet because "that's tradition." 

Do you know how happy it makes me that this is a tradition the kids love as much as me? SO Happy!
These are like getting hugs from my little kids saying, "the things you did mattered." 

Of course I returned all the regular sheets and ordered flannel for all the beds here! 
(Except mine. Yikes, I hate being hot!)

Mom and Marge came over for lunch today and I talked them into helping put Christmas sheets on the beds I hadn't made yet. Then my mom talked me into washing all the pillows, buying pillow covers and replacing some that had become flat. 

The Cottonwood Christmas party was this evening and was beautiful at Red Butte. So fun to be with our Cottonwood crew who has become family over 20 years of being in business together. 
The only downside was the food was essentially bread and cheese just prepared in different ways. 
Meat and cheese appetizer skewer. Ravioli skewer. 
Bread and cheese plate for starters at dinner, followed up by a small portion of pasta and alfredo sauce, finished with a cannaloni and cookies for dessert. 
Not a vegetable in sight. We all had a good laugh. Gorgeous table decorations though.



No comments: