Thursday, December 14, 2023

Memories

Chris and I were swapping favorite Christmas present memories.
His was when he got the keys to his Subaru that he didn't expect until his 16th birthday,
and wasn't expecting that one that was so cool.

Mine will forever be the Redline Proline my mom searched the classifieds for a good deal
and surprised me when I was 12. I was so awestruck and happy, I cried.

***
I made healthy cookies and 4-ingredient bread from recipes fed to me from Instagram.
I thought healthy treats would dissuade me from overindulging in sugary ones.
But these cookies are disgusting, and the bread was not great either.
And all that happened is they make me appreciate how delicious real sugar is.


This pretty wreath on the lamppost just exudes Christmas.


Dan and I went to dinner at Maria's and this is the moment that within the first few measures
of a new song starting as background music he recognized it as Soda Stereo, a band he loved
in Argentina on his mission.

 

No comments: