Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Gratitude

If you have to save yourself in 90* weather,
be grateful when you can do it under the shade of a tree.
(Had my flat fixed in under 7 minutes.)


This evening I donated blood for the first time in a while.
I used to be a regular, but years ago I got turned away after traveling to Roatan.
And more recently (December 2020) was turned away because it hadn't been long enough since I'd had Covid. Today everything worked out and they were happy to have my donation.


Meanwhile, Dan cooked up a shrimp boil before he dashed off to help 
a family move. (And took these pics especially for my blog!)



Nick's boating day was smooth sailing,
Chris was adept at maneuvering the boat and trailer 
(admitting it was more challenging than it seemed),
but had a scare when a storm caught them by surprise,
worried that the big waves might submerge them and blowing too hard to safely tie up at the dock,
they found a protected cove and then the storm blew over.
(Man it sounds so much like my book!)
Glad they're safe and had the experience of thinking through a challenging situation.

This evening Dan and I went for a drive with the top down
to get a treat at Nielsens then to check out the Millcreek properties.
Millcreek put in an outdoor rollerskating rink! 
Have I said I love summer?

No comments: