Sunday, June 05, 2022

Golden Birthday

Celebrating 25 years of Marty today!


Waffle and strawberry breakfast this morning (with whip cream)
and Bandits for dinner last night with us and Lizzie and Nick too.

Marty quipped, "25! My brain's fully developed now!"

He is such a wonderful young man.
I've loved watching him this past year thrive in his new job.
He understands so much about finance and economics, 
its incredible to hear he and Dan talk about the market/business/real estate
because they speak the same language--one he's just recently learned.

The similar experience for me was when Marty could finally beat me in Rummikub.
I was so proud of him learning so well something I loved.
Almost exactly the same as learning finance, right?

Getting to spend weekends with Marty and Lizzie the past four months 
has been special too. I love the way they communicate and love each other.
And now a baby on the way!
Marty has always loved babies -- I can't wait until he gets to see what it really feels like to have one of your own. You can't even comprehend how much you love your child until they arrive.
It's the most incredible feeling and lasts a lifetime.

We sure love you, Marty!
Lizzie moves out to Denver this week now that school is over.
I'm glad they get to be reunited, and they've weathered this separation well.
But now we won't see them as much and I'll miss them!


 

No comments: