Friday, June 10, 2022

So Close to Finishing

Another 5:30 morning!
I've got a long list and just can't stand laying in bed when I could be checking things off.

But this early morning energy was great today because I wanted to go to town and look at some furniture st... well, places you can buy furniture. Ace Hardware, two consignment stores, an antique store, the mattress store which had a few good pieces and the thrift store. And another trip to Walmart (but for only a handful of things) and City Market grocery store. But I also don't want to miss out on potential activities with the fam. Now that the biggest work days are behind us, the boys are considering activities they want to do. We were going to go to Williams yesterday, and the boys got the kayaks and SUP's out of boxes and into the carrying cases, but then the sky got dark and we had a little rain and even hail. Not much though. 

I was able to go to all the places which was very satisfying. 


Around 11:00 Dan checked in. The boys had just gotten up and they were making breakfast, he'd gone for a run. Next they were moving the impossibly heavy sleeper sofa from the upstairs hallway to the bunkhouse and the bunkhouse couch to the barn.
(By the way, he said Ryan and Nick essentially gave orders of how to maneuver the stairs because they'd helped bring it up, and he just had to follow directions. Have we said how impressive these boys are?)
Then they would load all the trash from the garage into the dump trailer so I should take my time. Yay!


I bought two nightstands and a coffee table as well as a few groceries and stocking up on supplies.
So nice to not worry I was missing out on anything or anyone was waiting for me.
I remember hating going to town when we had young children. It felt really far away.
Now I'm realizing it had a lot to do with my brain worrying about being gone so long and naps and food and entertaining them and how I would really prefer to spend that time having a nap.

After lunch the boys wanted to go to the hot springs resort.
Neither Dan and I were longing for a soak in 110* water,
so we took books and a blanket and lay on the grass in the park across the street.
I fell promptly asleep.

We had Italian in town
and as we came back to the ranch, caught a herd of elk in the pasture.
Apparently they bed down there every night!




I've been working on the Pagosa picture gallery in the hall. 
Our to-do list is getting shorter with easier jobs. Think we can knock the rest out tomorrow.
Hung some really important stuff: hummingbird feeder, triangle, marshmallow stick hook and fire tools.
It's just not outdoor Pagosa without them!




I didn't love sleeping in the room we were in last night. 
Would you believe I woke up missing the trailers? 
In spite of the cute bedding and furnishings, the sheetrock walls are sterile.

Dan had the great idea of adding wood beams or crown or rough-sawn ceilings like in the other parts of the house. That might be just the charm needed. We'll check into it.
So sleeping in the master tonight in spite of the bed being so low to the ground.

No comments: