Sunday, June 12, 2022

It's a Wonderful Life

Today is mine and Dan's first date anniversary! 
June 12, 1989 -- kicking off the best summer of my life.
Funny how that was on the heels of what was starting out to be the 
worst summer of my life (when Jason left on his mission).

Now here Dan and I are together, building a ranch in Pagosa, 33 years later.
Throwing out a hug to those two young kids, super in love, super sad to be parted
but keeping the long-term perspective. We did good.

I would love to say that this morning I slept in, but no, as soon as the sun came up,
my brain started thinking of all the things I could today on our day off...
so I sat outside at the picnic table enjoying the scenery catching up on my blog and heard an elk bugling!

We zoomed into church during brunch -- physically and spiritually fed at the same time. 
Not gonna lie, it's pretty great.

We took an ATV ride around the property to see the site of the new pond and fishing cabin and Kershaw got to ride for a bit too.



Also found the peeled bark Ponderosa Pines that the Indians used for food over 200 years ago and now are a designated cultural site on our property and can't be harmed in any way.



Fajitas for dinner down at old camp with Duncan, Kristin, Curtis, Adam and Clark,
Uncle Marty, and our crew. All together around the campfire roasting mallows was a great way to end the evening. Good to be together.

Uncle Marty helped Curtis get a frisbee out of the tree!


No comments: