Thursday, June 23, 2022

Adventures

Landscapers, stone layers, and Ron & Bob who do a little bit of everything
are all here getting projects done. So its not quiet around here until after 4:00 p.m.
but we're glad people are here working, we just think of next year when everything will be done.
(Knock on wood, fingers crossed, wish upon a star and a dandelion and an eyelash etc.)

Rain isn't predicted until afternoon so we tried a new hike up the Middle Fork.
That trail head ends abruptly at the rushing river,
so we walked up the road a bit to a snowmobile path. 
Not well-travelled but we traversed over trees and through bushes until we came back to the river.

I probably wouldn't recommend this trail, especially because Kershaw had to show us the way home. 
(Go Lassie!)


But Dan spotted this tree, putting the icing on this adventure cake.
(Promise, cross my heart we did not harm the tree ourselves.)


I read for a while then was ready for a project and got the porch swing out to build.
Dan did not want to build anything on this trip, but I thought it would be fun to try myself
until I discovered I needed a second pair of hands.
Pretty soon he was by my side doing the work while I assisted. 
He's pretty great that way.

Before dinner we took an ATV ride to the top of the hill then to the Balls to get rid of trash.
I need the practice -- mostly in remembering how to start 'em up.



Good thing we love our kids back at home
because it's pretty hard to say goodbye to this place.


We tried to align the telescope tonight but it was a little cloudy and at the end of the multi-step process, it said alignment failed. The moon wasn't out yet tonight. 

No comments: