Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Road Trip

At 3:00 this afternoon, with Chris' Audi jam-packed--
mostly his clothes, bedding and golf clubs, 
but also a croquet set and food for Pagosa--
we hit the road for the first leg of the trip to Houston:
SLC to Pagosa.

Dan was flying and drove the whole way.
Our gas fill-up and Wendy's food run only took 15 minutes,
and we made it to Walmart in Pagosa Springs in 6 hrs 15 min. 😳

We listened to The Big Short which was way over my head,
but I loved hearing Chris and Dan discuss!
I also loved snoozing and snacking and sometimes reading in the backseat.
(I started in on my recently re-printed manuscript and found a typo on
THE VERY FIRST PAGE!)

We arrived at camp at 11:30 p.m., and believe it or not,
went to the barn to pull everything down from the loft because I really wanted to 
get it organized and I knew I wouldn't have time once my friends arrived.
Dan was a good sport to help me out.

No comments: