Monday, May 06, 2024

24 Hours of Travel

We were up at 7:00 and left our hotel by 7:45 a.m.
We got through security quickly, two hours before our flight departed,
so were happy to wait in the Delta club.

Have you ever seen a bench in an elevator before?


While waiting, our flight got delayed an hour.
And then another hour.
And then another. Which meant I'd miss my 4:00 flight to Salt Lake.
Dan got me booked on the 8:25 p.m.

Finally they called our flight to board,
and there we waited another hour.
But I made good use of the time uploading pictures and blogging until my computer died.



Finally, our 10:50 a.m. flight left at 2:30 p.m.
I slept and read and was grateful to stretch out.

We landed in NYC at 5:30 p.m. eastern time (10:30 p.m. London time). 
I said goodbye to Dan who is spending the next couple of days in New York for meetings.

I can't wait to get home for a couple of days before we leave to Nick's race on Thursday.
But this layover had me think twice about staying in New York.

Fortunately, I was able to get in the Delta Club again to wait the two hours before my next flight.
Which was delayed an hour.

Now I'm enroute, finally almost home. Wide awake, so thankfully I have internet to blog
and read while I wait for all my pictures to load. It's a good system.
I keep checking the flight time and the hours are ticking by ever so slowly! 

I was shocked when I looked and I still had three hours left!
And then after hours and hours, I looked again I still had two hours left.

When I land it will be 12:15 Utah time. 7:15 a.m. London time. A full 24 hours from when we left our hotel. I can't wait to text Tiff and let her know that when she's waking up a whole day later,
 I'll have barely gotten home!

No comments: