Sunday, May 26, 2024

Good Sports

Nick had a morning Sprint race and an afternoon "enduro" today.

In the morning's race, he started Pole 1 again.

Nick's in the lead

Footage from Porter's car trying to catch Nick.


My sisters, mom and I were texting, everyone watching, soooo excited.
Check out my heart rate during the race!


Ian was able to pass Nick, then Nick was biding his time, closing the gap,
when with seven minutes left in the 35 minute race, his car broke down again.
Ugh.

Sooo disappointing. Sooo frustrating. 
And yet, that's racing. 
That's sports.

Chris came to church with me and I was watching my texts to see if the car would be repaired in time for the enduro. (Usually enduros are much longer, but this short version was an opportunity to practice
a pit stop with the crew and swapping drivers in preparation for the four-hour enduro in two weeks.)

I got the text that the car was ready to race, so I busted out of 2nd hour early
to come home and watch on YouTube.

Once again they raced great. A bunch of yellows during Nick's half.
And with only a few minutes to go in the second half, Jared got hit and crashed.

I loved Nick's post and I loved Rachel's comment:





 
 

No comments: