Monday, November 30, 2020

Deck the Halls

Another benefit of watching church on TV is you can log in to watch your kids give talks!
They both did a great job kicking off #LightTheWorld

 


We took Michael and Courtney to the airport at noon and then suddenly the house was quiet again.
I started bringing up Christmas decorations, then got sidetracked going through some old memento boxes that have moved from house to house and we rarely even look at them. 
I spread everything out on the storage room floor and started tossing away most of it.
Dan came down and went through his things that I wasn't sure if he wanted to keep or not. 
We got rid of four boxes of stuff!

Monday morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m. Wide Awake!
Guess my body is ready to get moving and make up for those Covid sleepy days.
I had a great workout and energy all day! I'm officially 100% better!

I ran all over mailing packages at the post office, waiting in the long line to drop off donations at Savers and stopped at Home Depot to buy Amaryllis for neighbor gifts.

I bought 64 (after opening every single box and checking to make sure they hadn't started growing, 
like what happened two years ago and I had to return them all.
After I bought them, I remembered I needed packaging tape and Command strips, 
so with my full cart I went and found the last couple of items.

A gentleman at checkout (the second time) commented on how many I was buying.
I told him they were for neighbor gifts and he said he didn't like to give gifts. 
He said, "I'm kind of a Scrooge." (Which wasn't entirely true because he was fun to talk to!)
I told him I loved giving gifts and he thought that was a woman thing.
Then he said he'd always considered buying an Amaryllis, but never had.
I said it was so fun to watch grow. And everything was included in the box (dirt, pot and bulb)
so it was pretty easy. I said, "Since you're here at Home Depot, you must be good at figuring things out."
He said he was and that maybe one day he'd buy one.

I grabbed one from my cart and handed it to him. 
"Merry Christmas!"
He was delighted.


No comments: