Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Home School

Nick's got a few work stations going in the kitchen. 
(They've been on distance-learning for the last two weeks. 
And he'll have to continue to stay home until we get our test results.)
It's like he moves chairs to whatever class he's working on! 😂
On the left is Japanese. In the right, Chemistry.


At the table he's got space for Pre-Calculus and the computer to watch the online lecture for Auto Shop and also Graphics. (His other classes are Seminary, AP World History and English).


He also had piano lessons today (via Zoom). I'm usually at Clara's during piano,
so I was glad I got to listen in today.

I feel the same today as the last few days. Pressure in my head. More painful behind my eyes -- 
I have to close them and turn my head to look to the side. Fatigue. A minor cough.
No congestion, no fever, no sniffles or sneezing. I can still taste and smell.
I'll be surprised if its not Covid. And glad to have it over with.
But if its not, that will be good too because I saw Clara on Friday last week and sat RIGHT NEXT to my friend, Jenny, during dinner out on Saturday. 
(Across from Carol, but Carol has already had it, so she's safe.)

Nick and I got tested in the car at Cottonwood Instacare (we had an appointment).
Super sweet nurses. We arrived at 3:20 and were done by 4:00. They offered a saliva test, but I had just drunk water before we left (I didn't know the saliva was an option, 
or that you can't eat or drink for 30 minutes before the saliva test.)
We did the nasal and our nurse had a high reach for that swab! But we survived.

Again, Nick drove -- 
he's a great driver, and in a stick-shift, in lines and maneuvering a parking lot, no less. 

I watched Emily in Paris the rest of the night. Def a chick-flick. 
A few sex scenes and sex talk that I'd have preferred not to see.
Good acting. Decent dialogue (not too cheesy). Entertaining when I'm sick.

No comments: