Monday, November 09, 2020

Sick Day

I was hoping that when I woke up today my headache would be gone and all would be back to normal. But it was still there. My body was still achy. I do little chores like unload the dishwasher, make breakfast, wash the counters, take a box (of Halloween decorations that are still sitting at the top of the stairs) to the basement, then sit down and feel exhausted. Like brain tired. 

My usual Covid testing sites appointments were full, so Nick and I went to a place doing no appointment needed drive-thru. But when we arrived (around 1:00), they were out of tests for the day. Another place didn't take appts, but the wait was two hours (in your car outside). We came back home and I made an appt for Tuesday online (through IHC). 

I don't feel completely miserable, so it was fun to go out with Nick and drive around for a bit. He was happy to get a chance to drive so didn't even complain about trying a few different places. Especially because when he asked if we could stop at Swig, I said yes. And then we got McDonalds for him for lunch.

I actually feel pretty hungry, but then get full after eating not very much. Nick made us spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I thought it was super sweet that he would take over like that. I've got such good boys (and girl). I love my kids!

Nick spent ten hours doing schoolwork. He's a diligent student and actually said with the new governor mandate to not gather socially, there's no pressure to want to hang out with friends, so he was glad to get a lot of work done.

We watched Brooklyn 9-9 together and the movie "Enola Holmes." It was a good sick day. 

No comments: