Monday, November 23, 2020

Growing Up Adair #givethanks

My childhood family was Mom & Dad, Grandma Regan, six kids and Aunt Marge who came every summer. Our home overflowed with optimism, we were expected to have a positive attitude and were taught, “With God, nothing is impossible.” 

After chores and piano practicing, we jumped on the tramp, rode bikes, and climbed trees. Any ailments could be cured with vitamin C and water. I often had knots in my hair, scraped knees, bare feet, and always a big smile. 



My dad loved to laugh, tease and play games. My mom sees the bright side in any situation and has fun even amid chaos. When we fought, my mom would say, “You’ll be best friends when you grow up!” And she was right. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for my sisters and brothers. They are my best friends. Their spouses are my best friends. Their kids are the best. I am blessed. 







No comments: