Friday, November 27, 2020

Creme Fraiche

 The other day I was sitting on the couch and Nick came down to the kitchen and started making eggs. Looking into the fridge he asked, "Mom, do we have any creme fraiche?" 

Um, No, Nick. I don't even know what that is.

Exasperated sigh. Do we at least have sour cream? 

Unfortunately we don't have that either. 

I'm seriously signing up that kid for a cooking camp next summer. 
I found a day camp in New York so he could go in the day and be with Courtney in the evenings.
He said he'd do it if his other friend (whose parents are chefs) can come too!
(If we can have camps next summer. Isn't it weird to think that no one did any camps last summer? No high adventure, EFY, BYU lacrosse camps, neighborhood lacrosse camp, swim classes. So weird.)

When I went Thanksgiving food shopping, I bought Creme Fraiche.
Apparently its a Gordon Ramsey thing. And the eggs he made with it were delicious!!

Also, he can crack eggs one-handed.


I'm not sure where Nick got such fancy tastes...


In other amazing cooking news, Chris' turkey turned out amazing!
He called a couple hours into cooking -- just about when he was supposed to be at the church.
At 500* it had started getting pretty brown, so they turned the heat down (good instincts!).
He FaceTimed again to ask if it could make anyone sick if it wasn't completely cooked. He also showed me that the temperature popper hadn't popped yet.
(They didn't take out the top rack so the turkey was jammed against the top of the oven! 😂)
I said it was probably fine. Just don't eat the bloody parts.

Then his comp cut off a piece of leg to taste it. 
He started groaning and I wasn't sure if it was good or bad.
But then he exclaimed, "It's the most amazing-tasting turkey ever!"
(Sidenote: It's the comps SECOND day in the field!)

Chris called a third time that night to report that the turkey was a HUGE hit!

He's pretty much the cutest thing ever!



Chris posted photos of Mexico on Facebook for #givethanks
I got a kick out of this exchange in the comments.


Finally, last week when our YouTube Sacrament Meeting ended, a different Christian music and worship group started playing. Hearing another group sing praises was so touching. 
I love that our ward family extends to our Christian family.
I love that we can connect with other worshippers over YouTube!
I love knowing all over the world people are testifying and inviting others to Come Unto Christ.
I love that people believe in prayer, are willing to pray for others 
and that others have faith to request a prayers on their behalf. So unifying.

I am grateful for the faith of strangers that builds my own.


Ending the day with stunning colors.


No comments: