Thursday, November 12, 2020

Covid Got Me (and Nick)

So last night when I realized I couldn't taste my soup, I knew it was official. I had Covid. We experimented with honey on toast, which I could taste. But the sausage in my soup was just chewy. Not spicy, not salty, nothing. I had the same soup for dinner last night too, so I knew it was actually much more flavorful than what I was experiencing.

When I went to bed, I sniffed the soap on my hands. No smell. Picked up a different bar of soap and inhaled it. No smell. Then the true test, lathered my hands with ultra-strong-smelling Volcano lotion (same as the yummy Anthropologie Volcano candles) and NO SMELL! It's so weird! I can sniff just fine. But I can't smell a thing! It's blowing my mind. 

I woke up in the middle of the night for an hour with terrible stomach cramps. And when I finally woke up for the day, I had my Positive-for-Covid results on my health app. So now it's official, official. A Salt Lake County Health Nurse called this afternoon to confirm results and confirm that Nick had it too. 



No comments: