Thursday, August 17, 2023

Writer's Digest Pre-Conference

Writer's Digest Conference -- Day 1
First Day of "school!"

Actually, its the pre-conference. I signed up for an eight-hour workshop
with Tiffany Yates Martin. She's a great presenter and I've taken a few of her classes online
so I've been looking forward to learning more from her.

I meant to get off the subway at 50th and then realized that was wrong so I sat down.
And then I realized I was actually right the first time.
But on the bright side, the Times Square station has some pretty cool art.


Class was great, our teacher so enthusiastic and knowledgable.
I met a couple new friends sitting next to me--Marjorie and a woman who didn't come back after lunch.
Marjorie was in her late 60's/early 70's, lives in Lincoln Square, is a psychotherapist and is writing a memoir and we went to lunch together.



Class started at 10:00 but I left the house at 9:00 and didn't get home until 7:00.
I haven't had a school day this long in a million years!
I am brain dead, but happy. (And taking notes on my iPad worked great.)

When I got to the subway, someone had had a medical emergency and the train was stopped.
So I walked up to the next station, which wouldn't have been so bad except my new bargain shoes
were too small and crunching my toes, each step a painful reminder not to buy shoes off Instagram from an unfamiliar, as it turns out Chinese, bargain webstore.

Dan and I went to Bodrum for dinner, a Mediterranean restaurant a block away.
Lots of lamb on the menu and pizzas. Loved my stuffed cabbage rolls.

After dinner I worked on my pitch and searching through the agents I'll be talking to tomorrow.
Two on my list aren't coming, so I had to go searching for more. 
It's been a great day. Looking forward to more tomorrow!

No comments: