Monday, August 28, 2023

Birthday Peach Pie

Happy Birthday to the guy I dreamed about for two years,
comparing every other date and crush to "Dan standards."

Were they as confident, kind, and fun?
Did they give good foot rubs or were they willing to cook me dinner -- or breakfast? 
Did they like good music and did they make me mix tapes of songs that reminded them of me?
Did they have a plan for their future and the drive to achieve their goals?
Did they like to spend money? ;-)
Did they make me feel beautiful and fun and cool?
Did they have brown curly hair that was literally my favorite hair type since Jr. High?

He still lives up to the hype.
Sure love you, Dan!


Me, Dan Chris and Nick went to Itto's for dinner,
then home for presents, peach pie and homemade ice cream.

On Sunday I asked if he wanted a cake and he said he preferred just ice cream.
Then Will R. dropped off a Palisades Peach Pie and a box of peaches
as a thank you for New York. They know we LOVE Palisades peaches
(Palisades is where Dan's dad grew up) and Will's family have honey bees that polinate in Palisades and often bring us a box that we always devour in a day!

The peach pie was the perfect surprise and birthday complement to our festivities.

No comments: