Saturday, August 05, 2023

My Gym - So Many Memories

Good morning! Another walk with Emi and Kershaw!


On Saturdays, Emi goes to My Gym with Marty while Lizzie has her running group
to prep for running the St. George marathon in October! 
Go Lizzie! She ran 13 miles today -- no biggie!

I LOVED this full circle moment of being at My Gym with Marty and Emi.
Where did the time go? It was almost surreal.

Lots of happy hours/days/years spent at My Gym with my kids.
(Our first summer in Los Angeles before we met friends, we found My Gym classes 
for Courtney and Marty and then we went to Burger King afterward because each week
they came out with a different Teletubby toy in their kids' meals and 
Marty REALLY wanted to collect all of them.
Courtney was four and Marty was two. Can you believe they were that young?)







When we got home, I helped Marty and Dan with garage organization ideas 
while Emi was unhappily strapped in her stroller waiting for me to be done
so I could take her inside and she could crawl around.

She LOVES crawling up the stairs! She doesn't try to come down,
but she also doesn't have much spacial recognition yet when she's sitting on the edge.
We tried to help her learn how to turn around to come down, but she needs more practice.

The boys went to the rec center to work out.
Lizzie and Emi had a nap.
And I worked on my MicroFlashFiction assignment.


More afternoon house projects -- 
Dan and Marty in the yard with the blower and pressure-hose.
Lizzie and I working in the laundry room.
We also made a THIRD trip to The Container Store and a run to Home Depot.
Lizzie said she now truly understands the concept of "shop 'til you drop." 
Seriously. We returned everything we didn't use to Container Store and I told her if anything else doesn't work, don't go back. Just donate it to Goodwill. We're done!

But here I am considering how we can make the undercounter space more user-friendly...
Once I get started, it's really hard to stop myself.


Tonight Lizzie and Marty made EC's enchilada recipe and we all ate dinner together,
then they put Emi down to bed and Marty and Lizzie went to the Barbie movie.

Dan and I were going to set up baby proofing in the kitchen,
but we were too tired.
We sat outside on the back porch for a while.
Then we sat on the couch for a while and I submitted my piece.
And then we went to bed.

No comments: