Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Our Own Home Projects

When we got home yesterday, we went to dinner with Chris and Nick.
It's so weird (and SO GREAT!) that we can leave them at home and not wonder
if they'll have a million friends over and make a big mess.
Because whenever we come home now the house is spotless!
When we pulled up, the garbage cans were at the curb.
It's garbage day tomorrow but Dan and I naturally assumed we'd left them out since last week.
But realized we'd left on Thursday. 
Could Chris had brought them out without even being asked?
The answer was yes! 
He's really taking pride in taking care of the house and his room and his life.

We went to dinner at Mumbai House (which used to be Bombay House)
and then came home and I went straight to bed. I literally was so tired it was all I could do to stay awake until 9:30. And I slept until 8:00 the next day.
Whew! Honestly, half of my tiredness was from Indian Food for dinner.

We also came home to a leak in the hallway.
(Nick had called to warn us and put a bucket down to catch the water and towels to mop it up.)

The AC is leaking. And I could tell a long boring story about how it wasn't set up properly to begin with and how I've called our builder twice a year for the last several years to remind him we still need an access door that wasn't installed and it never happened.

But the ending of the story was he came over to check it out and said the AC was leaking,
and honestly I just laughed and said, "Well as you know, there's no access panel."
And it felt so good saying it.
And you know what? He got right on calling someone over to fix it.



No comments: