Thursday, August 24, 2023

Citibike and Gran Turismo

 We have been sleeping until 9 or 10 every day and I blame the carbon dioxide levels in our room.
Our monitor shoots sky high with two of us in there and the doors shut and I've done a bunch of research this week--high levels can cause drowsiness

We've started leaving the closet and bedroom doors open to circulate air and bought a fan which has helped. But I feel like I'm waking up from a coma instead of refreshed each morning.
The good news is when we go home to Utah, we won't need to adjust to the time change.

I was in the mood for something different than walking and wanted to be outside, 
so I rented a Citibike and rode around the park loop twice. 
It was lovely and I felt like I could have circled round and round all day long.

After I got cleaned up, Dan and I had lunch at French Roast, which we love now.
(Which is hilarious because I walked by this place millions of times in the year that we lived on 81st street and never ever knew anything about it. What a shame!)

I got a pedicure and read my book while sitting in a massage chair while having my feet rubbed, 
which is a little bit of heaven. 

Then an early showing of Gran Turismo, which I thought was going to be a Marvel style video game movie but in fact it was a really fun show based on the true story of a kid who is a top performer on the Gran Turismo video game and wins a spot on a real racing team. It was really good! 

Michael met us for dinner at Maison Pickle, 
the boys considered going to King's Spa in New Jersey, but in the end went to a place in the city near Korea Town and had a great time. I stayed home and finished my book and also had a great time.

***

Cute photos of the girls in my life today!

Courtney at work (in the new outfit we bought shopping):


Emi and Lizzie twinning in tie-dye.


No comments: