Sunday, August 20, 2023

The End

I've been moving around these halls so often this week,
this space is starting to have the familiarity and look of a cruise ship. 


Our keynote speaker was Jason Mott, who wrote "Hell of a Book," a national book award winner.
He was so entertaining and it was so fun to start the morning with lots of laughs.
I had a social media class afterward and then I was done. 
I've had a great time, but I'm ready for it to be over.
I don't think I'll do another weekend workshop soon. Maybe one a year.

UCLA classes and online learning through other sources provide a ton of information, so I've had opportunities to learn a lot in different capacities than what this workshop offered. 
It's been good information, but the best part has been making friends with other writers. Everyone you meet you can ask, "What do you write?" and they have an understanding 
of what the writing life is all about. 

I jumped in a cab and made it to church in time for Sunday School.
(I considered going to Nursery to assist Courtney and Michael, but didn't want to step on their toes.
Turns out Courtney was wishing she had a free hand to text me an SOS.
Oops, sorry)

We walked home, bought bread and vegetables at the farmer's market, looked for food for lunch and in the end parted ways and each of us went home to eat leftovers and sleep.

We met back up for dinner - Dan made tri tip and roasted veggies, Courtney made potatoes.


Nick and Will arrived after C&M went home. 
We're excited they wanted to be here during Nick's break between summer and fall terms.
I'm excited for another week in New York with nothing to do but read and chill!

No comments: