Tuesday, January 31, 2023

TSNOTYAW

I had a writing workshop tonight put on by the hosts of a podcast I listen to, 
"The Shit No One Tells You About Writing."
It's a 10-week workshop--an hour presentation with fantastic guests,
30 min. of Q&A and an hour breakout session with small groups.

I LOVED talking to other writers "in person" about writing.
Our guest was the editor of Where the Crawdads Sing and several other 
bestsellers. The only editor to have two books on her list selected by 
Reese Witherspoon's Book Club.

Fun Night. Makes me so happy.
Actually got me thinking about my book again.
And spurred me into searching for more in person writing opportunities.


In other news I dropped off a car full of donations to Savers 
and the electrician came to get our system back online.
We are GETTING THINGS DONE!

I kind of think we're reverse nesting.
Our last little bird is flying the nest and we either are filling our time with distractions
or taking the time to take care of all the business in preparation for a new stage of life.
Its happy and so sad all at the same time.
Oh man, I wrote "so sad" and teared up. Yep, it's getting real around here.

No comments: