Saturday, January 28, 2023

Free Agency

Welp, I didn't finish my short story in time to submit it to the challenge.
I threw in the towel about noon, and I feel just fine about it!
In fact, I feel great about it.

I enjoyed having a challenge and goal that compelled me take time to write--
an assignment and a deadline made a difference and it was fun doing something creative. 
But I am so over feeling obligated.
It might be just a phase, especially from being in writing classes for so many years,
but I am really embracing "I don't have to."

 You'd think that would also mean skipping out on adult Stake Conference.
But Kristin C. was hosting a panel discussion answering tough questions
about the church and we wanted to support her. 

I honestly like most Saturday night adult Stake Conference sessions. 
There've been a few that I wish I didn't sit through.
My favorite ones are people sharing their personal conversion stories.

We went to dinner with Brands before the meeting and got "Greek" donuts afterward. 
Fun to be with friends. 
And the sun on Mt. Olympus was so beautiful tonight. One of my most favorite sites.


No comments: