Monday, January 23, 2023

All the Feels

I had a lot of little projects today and one big project.

The big project was starting a short story challenge through NYCMidnight.
Last Friday at midnight we were assigned a genre, subject and main character. 
I've got until Saturday at midnight to write a 2500 word mystery
featuring an undercover cop and the subject "wind-borne."
All day I've brainstormed anything that could be wind-borne, intentional ways to kill someone, unintentional ways to kill someone, potential suspects and motives for murder.

That was the easy part -- kind of like Scattergories or Double Ditto. 
I've compiled a who, what and why. Tomorrow will work on other key players, clues and red herrings.

I also organized the drawers in the charging station motivated by my friend Whitney. 
She was Marty's third-grade teacher and keeps such a fun blog at Polka-Dotty Place


While I sorted and trashed I made doctor appointments with a couple of orthos to look at Nick's knee.
It's still pretty painful from getting injured at his rugby tournament. 

The "hold" music was Jon Schmidt's All of Me and as soon as it started playing my heart picked up a beat, my chest got warm, my throat tight and soon I was weeping.
Courtney used to play All of Me on the piano back when she was in high school and now she's been gone for ten years and soon Nick is graduating and heading to college and all my kids are grown up.
How did this happen so soon?
As the song came to an end, I'd recover. And then it began again and I'd start crying all over again!
THREE times!
This is going to be an emotional year. I'm crying over everything already.


I emptied drawers and removed the labels and threw away all the notes and things to remember
because Pagosa is finished and Clara has passed away and these drawers can be used for something else now.

What new projects will fill this drawer in 2023?

No comments: