Friday, September 09, 2022

Work I Love

Spent a virtual day with Writing Conference of Los Angeles
in workshops on querying, agents and publishing.
Even was brave enough to sign up for two pitches tomorrow. 
Figured it would be good practice and I have to jump in and be vulnerable some time.

One of the biggest takeaways was read, read, read in your genre.
So from now on when you see me reading all day, 
know that it's REALLY important work!


Meanwhile Dan also has work to do to learn different race tracks and keep his reflexes sharp.
I think we're going to love this stage of life!


Speaking of loving this stage of life, every time Marty calls we think, 
"Is the baby coming?!" 

My friend's husband got his college band back together for a backyard concert. 
Not a bad way to end the summer--50 year olds belting out 80's tunes 
while we tapped our toes in time, sitting in camp chairs.
We even needed sweatshirts.
 

No comments: