Thursday, September 22, 2022

Emi Walker

Cute Emi falls right to sleep in the front carrier.
Lizzie has the Konny which is super easy to wear and cradle baby hands free.

I'm in love with the nature trail by their apartment and today is overcast and cool --
perfect for an afternoon walk while Lizzie naps.


Listened to several Sharon Says So podcasts,
did some arm and leg exercises
and decided maybe I'd become a professional baby walker --
like a dog walker, but instead I take a newborn for a walk while mom gets a nap and I get exercise!

Who am I kidding? I'm only going to do it for my kids.
I think its the best gift I could give them.
But I don't think its a bad business plan if someone else wants to use my idea!




Lots of Emi cuddles.



Guess what?! Marty found out today that his firm just updated their paternity policy
from two weeks to SIX weeks to be used during baby's first year!!
It's like winning the lottery!


You know what's rewarding?
Making dinner for adult kids -- they're super grateful!
Each night we have a picnic in the family room. 
Lizzie on the couch (a much softer spot to sit than a kitchen chair), 
and either Marty or me also on the couch and the other on the floor. 
It's cozy and companionable. I love it. 

Fajitas tonight. Chicken cordon bleu tomorrow. Chickpea & yam curry Tuesday and teriyaki chicken and broccoli Monday. I'm mainly just documenting to prove that I still know how to make dinners and am good at it! (Also made super fiber muffins and chocolate chip protein balls. Yum.)


 

No comments: