Sunday, September 25, 2022

Inspirational Nourishment

Sharon Says So podcast interview with Ken Burns and Sarah Botstein: The U.S. and the Holocaust

"Heroism does not mean absolute perfection, and many historical leaders struggled with making decisions, sometimes wrongly or too late. But as Americans, we are often at our best when we commit to considering and acting on behalf of our fellow human neighbors."

Ken Burns tells of a story about I.F. Stone, the progressive journalist and historian. "A student of his asked how he could possibly admire Thomas Jefferson, a slave owner, 'Because history is tragedy, not melodrama. In melodrama, all villains are perfectly villainous and all heroes are perfectly virtuous. But that's not the way life is.' It's complicated."

Sharon Says So podcast interview with Stephen M. R. Covey: What Makes a Great Leader Stand Out?

"The most underrated attribute in great leaders is humility, which means that effective and trustworthy leaders are those who seek to understand first, and be understood second."

Come Follow Me:
Isaiah 43:1 - 4
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee...and he that formed thee...
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: 
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; 
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...
Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee...
Fear not: for I am with thee...

Isaiah 49:15, 16 (Very pertinent this week!)
15 - Can a woman forget her suckling child, that she should not have compassion n the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 - Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...

Also, Go Broncos!

No comments: